Trying windows 8 and Waiting for Windows 9

I'll furnish some examples. I want to ticket the weather. Three obvious options: circumstance to some weather site, use the Metro app, or look hurriedly at my weather gadget. easiest uncommon? weather gadget. it's already there, occupying a tiny percentage of my cloak, and tells me what I urgency to know at a glance. grant that I need to know more, I be able to click on it. A weather locality might be more informative. So I be delivered of two choices. Use IE from the desktop, or IE from the Metro shrink screen. One, again, occupies a control amount of my screen but till now have quick access to my email and desktop icons. using the Metro IE, I be obliged to waste the whole screen. As beneficial to the weather app, obviously loser ago I still have to use the entire screen just to check the temperature. And yet, you are actively KILLING desktop gadgets, probably one of the only good things to advance out of Vista's introduction. Desktop gadgets are alienated easier to work with and mange than replete screen Metro apps.

Another example. I use Outlook tasks to manage my todo please. Before you guys started killing facing gadgets, I found a particularly serviceable Outlook tasks gadget that syncs with Outlook and my third party Android app (as you guys are actively working to not take the part of Android, but that's a rhodomontade for a later day). I checked instead of an updated version of the Outlook gadget; you guys don't even offer it anymore. did you gain to destroy the entire gadget library? solemnly, gadgets are more user friendly to the DESKTOP user. and don't even try recommending docking the weather app. it took me forever to form out how to do it later googling across several forums, and it check takes up too much screen room.

Another reason Metro will never ensnare on. Your OWN Metro apps SUCK. Mail, People, Calendar, Music, Video...whole worthless. There are absolutely no settings. No personalization or customization. The aboriginal advantage Microsoft holds over Apple. My almanac displays five different calendars, and besides I can't choose to hide some, or change colors on them, or anything. There is t any reminder feature, no nothing. For Mail, in that place is no notice that you got a starting a email, no calendar integration, none of the features natively built into Live Mail. And yet you are killing the Live bolt in favor of Metro apps. You be possible to't change your favorite people in the People app, or amalgamate, separate, or delete people. The minstrelsy and video apps are a joke. stop promoting your store and suffer people manage their libraries. If you're with equal rean intent on people using Metro in place of working with files, give the many the crowd the ability to DO something in the Metro apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment