Apple copied Microsoft with iPad

I'm wrong. When I read the reports of Microsoft's Surface small table this week, I did a big in the mind eye roll and thought, "Microsoft copies Apple again."

Then today, I saw a self-same funny post and it reminded me that Microsoft positively came out with the Tablet PC in 2002; it's equitable that no one cared at the time.

It's a selfish like that great scene in the movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley," whenever Steve Wozniak in the early 1970s pitches the Apple I example to an HP exec and the action replies, "What on earth would commonplace people want with computers?" Well, OK. Maybe it's not that like, but you get the picture; the Tablet PC was one idea ahead of its time. It wasn't a injure pad, it relied on a rail in, but it was small, flat and ran Windows XP.

I'm not without doubt if the Surface tablet will constitute a big splash when if in the long run does appear, considering Apple has of the like kind a tight grip on the mart with its iPad. The iPad devise make up 63% of all tablets shipped this year, according to IDC.

No comments:

Post a Comment