Facebook Virus: Beware of Becoming Victim to Threats

Like each enthusiastic, young person I have been self-same much into social networking. Needless to allege that I am addicted to convivial networking and check my profile every now and then to read and plough~ updates with my friends. You be possible to say I eat, live, and be still social networking. Earlier I used to conversion to an act Orkut; however, later on I switched to Facebook that is I surmise the second most popular social networking place after Twitter.

Coming to the subject-matter why I am writing all this is my actual observation that changed my thinking and strained me that things like Facebook poison do exist in this world. Earlier, I had excepting that heard it from one of my friends who was stroke by a Facebook virus through a video copula and didn't believe him.

It was true another fine day when I was hard-working checking updates from my friends attached Facebook and posting comments on them. It was at another time I got hit by a spam intimation (of course I didn't understand it was a spam or venom whatever you call until I opened it). It was from a confidant of mine saying that he had tagged me in a represent and I needed to click adhering the link to see it. Assuming it during the time that a usual notification (that I bear been receiving since I started using Facebook), I clicked up~ the link and drat! It sent me rectilinear to a black screen and sooner or later my PC froze for several minutes till I powered it off and steady.

I was stunned for some time and completely clueless c~ing what had just happened. Anyway, I got put ~ to the Facebook again after turnery on the PC (I was mum under the impression that it happened in likelihood due to the overheating) and started my ceremonial. I reached the link again to look to who had tagged me, clicked up~ the body it, and it happened again. The devilish screen came up right after clicking forward the link and made my PC froze anew. Shoot! What's going on? I meditation.

Anyway (yes anyway and reluctantly), I powered from and on my computer again. It rebooted stilted and the Windows XP reloaded everything my icons and settings. Still wondering the kind of is going on, I got online, unless this time I didn't initiate Facebook.  At the same time, I informed my friend, the one who had already befit a victim to a virus pollution on Facebook. He suggested me to google because Facebook virus and also the operation to remove it.

I searched for the Facebook virus and to my surprise, the re~ engine showed thousands of results concerning Facebook virus. I explored a website's court and found similar experiences that I faced fair a few minutes back. I was completely fully convinced by now that the link I had clicked attached was a virus, aka Facebook virus.

I also learnt that the Facebook virus doesn't only come hidden in photo tagging links otherwise than that also video links, photo albums, gossip messages, and emails from Facebook etc. Facebook venom also steals confidential information such in the manner that banking password, credit card details, email id/secret parole etc. (it's scary, I speculation). I would say that it was one eye opening lesson for a living body like me who never ever believed that a thing like Facebook virus could cause hurt to your computer.

I also googled as antidote to Facebook online virus removal procedure to dispose rid of the buggy link (this time I was absolutely scared and didn't want to shutdown and restart my PC afresh). I adjusted the settings for my Facebook exploration into principles (mentioned on a website's page) and deleted all the spam messages. Thank worshipped image! I thought I would never perpetually open a link like that in my life to the time when I am sure it is a trusted individual.

I also decided to make my PC protected ~ means of putting on the Microsoft Security Essentials. I employment Windows 7, that's why I chose a Microsoft produce. I was done for my PC, only not for the cause I started piece all this. This prompted me to part my experience with every Facebook user with equal rea~n that he or she can learn ready Facebook virus and be aware space of time opening any such thing.

The experience has been compiled by V tech-crew on the request of the nameless user. The company has no role in framing the actual feeling or related instances.

No comments:

Post a Comment